SanDisk has announced the availability of the newest version of its FlashSoft server-side, solid state caching software for Windows, Linux and VMware environments. SanDisk has also unveiled that its FlashSoft caching software will be available in new bundled offerings that packages the software with SanDisk’s array of enterprise flash hardware solutions, including the Fusion ioMemory PCIe application accelerators, the Optimus Ascend SAS solid-state drive (SSD), and the CloudSpeed Ascend SATA SSD.
“We have built our enterprise flash business to offer the broadest range of storage acceleration solutions to address customers’ changing needs,” said Ravi Swaminathan, vice president and general manager, Systems and Software Solutions, SanDisk. “The new hardware-software bundles offer the best of both our hardware and software portfolios in a single solution. We are excited to be able to offer customers a complete solution that provides the performance and cost benefits of flash technology, while at the same time making it easier for our channel partners to support their customers.”
FlashSoft software includes a number of enhancements that help improve performance, compatibility and usability for Windows, VMware and Linux environments, including:
- Windows Server:
- Improved support for Microsoft Hyper-V with Clustered Shared Volumes (CSV) to provide caching for Hyper-V hosts sharing storage volumes.
- Native support for hard disk drive and SSDs formatted with 4K sector size as well as 512K.
- VMware vSphere:
- Certification by VMware as a Partner Verified & Supported Product (PVSP), providing customers with peace of mind that their software investment will have continued support and compatibility with VMware vSphere as new patches and updates are released.
- Broad support for Red Hat® Enterprise Linux (RHEL) & SUSE kernels.
- Native support for HDDs and SSDs formatted with 4K sector size as well as 512K.
“SanDisk is an expert in solid-state storage and flash technology with a decades-long history of delivering innovation in this market,” said Al Bibergall, senior vice president sales, Sayers Technologies. “We’re excited to partner with SanDisk to deliver solid-state server-side caching that enables all the benefits of flash in an easy to acquire, easy to support and easy to adopt package.”
The new offerings include:
Windows Server Offerings:
- FlashSoft for Windows with Fusion ioMemory PCIe application accelerators
- FlashSoft for Windows with Optimus Ascend SAS SSDs for stand-alone Windows Servers or Hyper-V implementations
- FlashSoft for Windows with CloudSpeed Ascend SATA SSDs
VMware vSphere Offerings:
- FlashSoft for VMware vSphere with Fusion ioMemory PCIe application accelerators
- FlashSoft for VMware vSphere with Optimus 2 Ascend SAS SSDs
- FlashSoft for VMware vSphere with CloudSpeed Ascend SATA SSDs
- FlashSoft for Linux with Fusion ioMemory PCIe application accelerators
- FlashSoft for Linux with Optimus Ascend SAS SSDs
- FlashSoft for Linux with CloudSpeed Ascend SATA SSDs
These latest offerings provide an easy-to-implement solution that authorizes customers to choice the flash storage capacity and performance that top meet their data center needs, the press release states.
The latest FlashSoft software and SanDisk Cache Device Bundles are available for purchase from SanDisk and its enterprise channel partners.