SAP SE has announced a significant growth in Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) for the fourth quarter (Q4) and full year ended 31 December 2015.
Reserved a strong growth in cloud and software revenue, the Q4 in the APJ charted 18% growth in non-IFRS cloud and software. Non-IFRS cloud subscriptions and support revenue in APJ grew 55%. The region saw exceptional momentum in new cloud bookings and grew in triple-digits.
For the full year, non-IFRS cloud and software revenue in APJ grew by 20%. Cloud subscriptions grew by 99%.
Customer adoption of SAP S/4HANA continues to accelerate sharply, with more than 2,700 customers across all regions and industries at the end of 2015, more than doubling quarter over quarter. In the APJ region, more and more customers including Woodside Energy Limited, Hero MotoCorp, CapitaLand, Interflour Group and MEMEBOX Inc. have selected SAP S/4HANA as their digital core to drive digital transformation across the entire enterprise.
“In Asia Pacific Japan, our cloud revenues have been growing at an increasing rate. SAP HANA, the key enabler of our portfolio, saw double-digit growth and has become the real-time data platform of choice. The combination of a fast-growing cloud business and a growing core puts us in a unique position to support customers in their journey to run simple, go digital and compete in the digital economy,” said Adaire Fox-Martin, President, SAP Asia Pacific Japan.
Overbiew of the Customers chose SAP solutions:
- Adelaide Crows Football Club, Australian sports and entertainment segment, chose to implement Concur Expense and Invoice in Q4 2015. The Corporate and Commercial aspect of Adelaide Crows has grown significantly over the last 25 years. A digital transformation strategy is underway. To remain competitive commercially, they identified they needed to undergo internal business transformation – and with the help of Concur, they will go digital and mobile from the cloud for Travel & Expense and Accounts Payable.
- CapitaLand, one of Asia’s largest real estate companies headquartered and listed in Singapore with operations in Asia Pacific, Europe and the Americas, has introduced SAP S/4 HANA to bring its global operations on a single integrated enterprise platform with streamlined processes and a standardised enterprise resource planning system that will enhance operational excellence and support CapitaLand’s journey to become a future-ready digital enterprise.
- Hero MotoCorp Ltd chose SAP S/4 HANA to enhance performance and landscape simplification and have a software foundation that is highly adaptable and scalable for driving growth, accelerating their business innovation and global expansion.
- Interflour Group Pte Ltd selected SAP S/4 HANA solution to provide integrated business processes and real time data analysis to manage its unique and complex business. With SAP, Interflour Group Pte Ltd will move to an integrated solution, replacing country-specific ERP solutions, enhancing and digitalizing their business operations with real time insights.
- MEMEBOX, a Korean cosmetic start-up and now the fastest growing online beauty brand and platform in the world, plans to expand its business to China, the Americas, and Southeast Asia, move beyond online to brick-and-mortar storefronts, and broaden product offerings to include fashion and beauty accessories. With these ambitious expansion plans, MEMEBOX needed a stable and agile IT foundation that would deliver short time-to-value. MEMEBOX chose S/4HANA to provide clear visibility into logistics operations while allowing the company to expand on a single platform as they globalize. With SAP, MEMEBOX lowered total cost of ownership and accelerated growth. Customers are receiving products more quickly, revenue is increasing, and MEMEBOX is positioned to lead the next generation of beauty innovation in Asia.
- Woodside selected SAP Ariba, S/4HANA, and SAP SuccessFactors solutions to build an IT architecture where they can take action from insights driven from their data analytics strategy. Through this project, Woodside aims to improve productivity by automating procurement processes and simplifying talent management using a single platform to drive capability development across the workforce.