Microchip Technology has extended its portfolio of leading USB automotive products and added new single-port products to its USB 2.0 Smart Hub IC family, giving automakers more options to fit varying design needs.
Providing precisely what is required for single-port implementations, the USB4912 and the USB4712 from Microchip are ideal for adding a single port under the radio, in the center console or alongside wireless charging implementations.
The Major Features and Benefits of the IC include:
- single-port ICs in smaller footprint packages
- optimizing a customer’s Bill of Materials (BoM)
- lowering total system costs
- embedded 32-bit microcontroller (MCU) for the implementation of USB I/O bridging
- optimize design and easily integrate with infotainment head units, allowing a seamless connection with the smartphone ecosystem of software and applications
These diverse USB solutions support smartphones, tablets, and other connected devices, without compromising signal integrity.
Both devices support USB 2.0 Low Speed, Full Speed and Hi-Speed with a single USB 2.0 Hi-Speed upstream port for host connection while the USB4912 — a low-power, configurable, USB 2.0 hub controller — allows connectivity to be extended to GPIO, I2C, SPI and UART so that the USB Smart Hub becomes the center for system connectivity and control.
Pricing and Availability
Both USB products are offered in a 40-pin VQFN package, compliant with the USB 2.0 specification and have passed AEC-Q100, grade 3 testing. The USB4712 is available for $1.60 and the USB4912 is available for $1.89, each in 10,000-unit quantities.
Further information: Click Here.