New Yorker Electronics is distributing the Vishay Dale IHLE-5A Series of Low-Profile, High-Current Power Inductors. The IHLE-5A Series is an automotive-grade, high-current inductor featuring an integrated e-field shield, or “e-shield”, for reduction of EMI. The Vishay Dale IHLE-5A Series is one of the Vishay 2017 Super 12 Featured Product.
Vishay expanded its IHLE series of low-profile, high-current inductors with these new Automotive Grade devices in 2525, 3232 and 4040 case sizes. Packaged in RoHS-compliant, 100% lead (Pb)-free shielded construction, the inductors offer high resistance to thermal shock, moisture, mechanical shock, and vibration.
The Vishay Dale IHLE-2525CD-5A, IHLE-3232DD-5A and IHLE-4040DD-5A released by New Yorker Electronics reduces costs and saves board space by eliminating the need for separate board-level Faraday shielding. Built on Vishay’s IHLP technology, they feature high efficiency with maximum DCR from 1.66mΩ to 178mΩ and a wide range of inductance values from 0.47µH to 47µH.
The Vishay Dale IHLE Series contains the electric field associated with EMI in a tin-plated copper integrated shield, providing up to -20 dB of electric field reduction at 1 cm (above the center of the inductor) when the integrated shield is connected to ground. The four-terminal connection (two ground connection points for the shield) provides extra vibration performance for under-the-hood and chassis-mounted electronic circuits.
The device provides rated currents to 30A and handles high transient current spikes without saturation. Featuring high-temperature operation to +155°C and co-planarity of its four terminals of ≤100µm, this AEC-Q200-qualified high current inductor is optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters and high-current filtering for automotive engine and transmission control units, diesel injection drivers, noise suppression for motors, windshield wipers, power mirrors, and seats and HID lighting.
The Key Features & Benefits of the Vishay Dale IHLE Series include:
• Integrated e-shields eliminate the need for separate shielding
• Offered in 2525, 3232 and 4040 case sizes
• High-temperature operation to +155°C
• Co-planarity of four terminals within ≤100μm
• Handles high transient current spikes without saturation
• Excellent DC/DC energy storage up to 1MHz to 2MHz
• High efficiency with typical DCR from 1.55mΩ to 167mΩ
• Wide range of inductance values from 0.22µH to 47µH
• Lowest DCR/μH in this package size
The Key Applications include:
• Engine and Transmission Control Units
• Diesel Injection Drivers
• DC/DC Converters for Entertainment/Navigation Systems
• Motor Noise Suppression for Windshield Wipers, Power Seats, Power Mirrors, Heating/Ventilation Blowers, HID Lighting
• Energy Storage DC/DC Converters
Further information on Vishay 2017 Super 12 Featured Product, Click here