Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation has started sample shipments of “TB9058FNG,” an automotive DC motor driver IC with a LIN (Local Interconnect Network) slave function that can communicate with a LIN 2.0 master IC for in-vehicle networks.
The new IC is suitable for the diverse applications that use the LIN BUS with 0.3A output current, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) damper control drivers. Mass production will start in December 2019.
The new IC from Toshiba receives the position data of the motor rotation target by an external LIN BUS, and drives the motor to the rotation target.
No software development is required, as the IC has the hardware logic of a H-bridge motor driver and LIN communication function with enhanced checksum. It can detect over voltage, over current and over temperature thereby prevent abnormal operating conditions.
The new IC has an operating temperature range of -40 to 125°C, required for automotive applications, and will be AEC-Q100 qualified.
The Key Features of Toshiba TB9058FNG include:
- Simple control by full hardware logic
– No need to develop software. Motor control by LIN communication.
- Industry’s lowest level on-resistance and power consumption for automotive HVAC damper control driver
– On-resistance (High+Low): 2.2Ω (typ.),
– Power consumption: under 10μA (sleep mode)
- Up to 16 slave nodes can be connected on one BUS.
– 16 node IDs can be set by switching pins.
- Several abnormality detection functions with flag output.
– Detects over voltage, over current and over temperature.
The Key Application of the new IC include:
- Automotive HVAC damper control driver
Further information, Click here