RS Components (RS) introduces Hirose ER8 series of 0.8 mm board-to-board connectors for industrial and medical applications.
ER8 series PCB connectors combine rugged construction with high-speed transmission at data rates of over 10 Gbps, comfortably exceeding the IEEE802.3ap backplane Ethernet specification.
ER8 Connectors Feature:
- Extended contact wipe and insertion depth to keep the mating force low, while the extraction force is up to six times greater than for a typical micro-pitch connector.
- This makes the ER8 series suitable for applications requiring resistance to shock and vibration, with up to 100 mating cycles.
- A large mating guide on each connector allows easy insertion, with a wide self-alignment range.
- The contacts of the ER8 series are optimised for high signal integrity to ensure fast, reliable data transmission.
- Using staggered GSSG pin assignments allows 85 Ω differential impedance to be achieved, reducing crosstalk.
- An excellent ICR (insertion-loss to crosstalk ratio) with 5-aggressor differential FEXT far end crosstalk (FEXT) comfortably exceeds IEEE802.3ap 10 Gbps requirements.
The ER8 series includes a wide range of 0.8 mm pitch PCB headers and sockets in parallel stacking (mezzanine) and right-angle configurations. The parallel connectors come with 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 100 or 120 contacts, and permit vertical stacking heights from 7 mm to 12 mm. Right-angle connectors are currently offered with 120 contacts.
The rated voltage for the Hirose ER8 series is 100 V, and the current rating is 0.5 A.
The Hirose ER8 series connectors are shipping now from RS in the EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
For Further Info on the New Rollout: Click Here