The new range of Driver ICs enable high flexibility resulting savings in material costs and is known to play a big role in today’s highly fragmented lighting market.
- The ICL8105 is a digitally configurable flyback controller with Power Factor Correction (PFC) for constant power LED drivers from 10 to 80 W.
- Combining high level of integration and the control on the primary side, only a few external components are required allowing a cost reduction of up to ten percent. The controller has powerful algorithms and supports multiple operating modes. This produces a high quality of light with no flickering.
- The controller has an input for 0 to 10 V dimming; there is no need for an oscillator including power supply.
- An active burst mode significantly extends the dimming range, while preventing undesirable effects such as flickering or shimmering.
- To protect the LED driver in case of overtemperature, the ICL8105 automatically reduces the output current in case of overload.
- The ILD2111 is a digitally configurable buck controller and is designed as a constant current source with output current control (backlash) for LED drivers in the range from 10 to 150 W.
- The ILD2111, too, requires only a few external components.
- The IC provides flicker-free PWM dimming down to one percent.
- The component automatically selects an operating window in order to optimally regulate different loads, depending on the switching frequency and the ripple of the output current.
- Extensive, user-configurable features protect the component at undervoltage and overvoltage, short circuits, overcurrent or high temperatures.
“This allows our customers greater flexibility because it eliminates the need for costly development of new designs for product variants, since specifications can be defined at the end of the production line,” says Ulrich vom Bauer, who is in charge of Marketing for Lighting ICs at Infineon. “With .dp digital power 2.0, the development time can be reduced by up to 70 percent – therefore, the customer can bring new products to the market significantly faster.”
Both the ICL8105 and the ILD2111 are available as samples and can be ordered in high volume. Development boards, the .dp Interface Board and the .dp Vision GUI software are offered for both controllers. Further information about the controllers is available at .dp digital power 2.0.
In addition, the digital approach makes innovations possible that can’t be realized using analog components.
Infineon at the LpS 2015
One can witness the evolutionary technology at the International LED professional Symposium + Expo trade fair (Festspielhaus, Booth B9) which is to be held in Bregenz, Austria from September 22-24th. Further info: www.led-professional-symposium.com.
Further info: www.infineon.com