Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family takes performance and efficiency to new heights across a wide range of workloads and provides an array of new technologies for more efficient virtualization, smarter resource orchestration, and enhanced protection of systems and data.
From individual servers and workstations to clusters, data centers, IoT and the cloud, the new product family provides over 20 percent more cores and cache than the previous generation, supports faster memory, and includes integrated technologies that increase performance across a broad range of workloads.
The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family can help businesses, cloud service providers and telecommunications companies achieve higher performance and value from every new server, while accelerating the transition to software-defined infrastructure (SDI).
Advanced multi-core, multi-threaded processing
- Up to 22 cores and 44 threads per socket
Larger cache and faster memory
- Up to 55 MB of last-level cache (LLC) for fast access to frequently used data
- Up to 24 DIMMs per two-socket server to support multiple data-hungry VMs
- Faster maximum memory speeds than the previous generation (DDR4 2400 MHz versus 2133 MHz)
Higher performance for diverse workloads
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology with improvements when running mixed AVX workloads takes advantage of power and thermal headroom to increase processor frequencies across a wide range of workloads
- Improved virtualization performance, including lower latencies when entering and exiting VMs, less VM interrupts via posted interrupts, and page modification logging, which can be used for rapid VM check pointing
Higher performance for technical computing and multi-threaded applications
- Intel TSX instructions take advantage of hidden parallelism to accelerate OLTP and other multi-threaded workloads that experience bottlenecks due to memory locks
- Intel AVX2 instructions accelerate floating point and integer computations with support for 256-bit vectors. This technology can increase peak floating point operations by up to 31 percent, and is now optimized for mixed workload environments
- The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family is Intel’s first processor within the Intel® Scalable System Framework
The product family comes in a wide variety of configurations to allow core counts, frequencies and power levels to be tailored for individual workloads for optimal performance.
Additonally, The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family includes Intel Resource Director Technology, which provides deeper visibility and control over shared platform resources to enable smarter orchestration. This suite of technologies help IT organizations improve service levels and infrastructure utilization and accelerate their move toward fully automated SDI.
Availability and Pricing
The Intel Xeon processor E5-2600 v4 product family will be offered with 27 different server SKUs – including embedded and communications usage – which range in price from $213 to $4,115 in quantities of 1,000.