Infineon Technologies unveils the new member of its XDP LED series to cap the emerging trends of LED drivers needed for smart lighting and Internet of Things.
Infineon’s XDPL8221 for cost-effective dual-stage drivers comes with advanced features. This device combines a quasi-resonant PFC and a quasi-resonant flyback controller with primary side regulation together with a communication interface.
A comprehensive set of configurable protection mechanisms (standard and sophisticated) ensure safe, reliable and robust LED driver for a large set of use cases. The new driver IC will be showcased at the APEC 2019 exhibition in Anaheim, CA.
The Infineon XDPL8221 Combines:
- Advanced functions, such as multi-control featuring constant voltage, constant current and limited power as configurable operating parameters.
- The result is a versatile, high performance LED driver.
- The performance of the XDPL8221 helps to design more efficient devices.
- This driver IC supports full functionality for both AC and DC input in the nominal input voltage range of 100 V ACto 277 V AC or 127 V DC to 430 V DC.
- Depending on the actual situation, the built-in digital control selects the best mode of operation. It can switch between quasi-resonant, discontinuous conduction or active burst modes.
- The XDPL8221 UART interface with a command set enables control of the functions of the device and provides status information. This enables numerically exchanged real-time data. This data can be used for monitoring or additional local control functions.
- This driver IC can be dimmed flicker free below one percent, while the current is still regulated with a high accuracy.
- The chip also offers a dim-to-off function to keep the device in a standby mode when the light is off with a low standby power (less than 100 mW, depending on driver design).
Reduced bill of materials (BOM) and increased flexibility minimize the overall system cost. The XDPL8221 comes in a DSO-16 package and, with a wide tool support, it is easy to design-in. This accelerates the design cycle and shortens time-to-market.
Infineon at APEC 2019
Visit us at APEC 2019 Exhibition & Conference (Anaheim, CA, USA; 17 – 21 March) at booth #711. Discover our latest power management innovations that make life easier, safer and greener in applications that range from renewable energy, home appliances and industrial applications to efficient power conversion for consumer applications, high-performance servers and telecom. More information is available at www.infineon.com/apec.
The new XDPL8221 is now available and to know more about it: www.infineon.com/xdpl8221.