Littelfuse has launched two series of AEC-Q101-qualified TVS Diode Arrays (SPA Diodes). The AQHV and AQHV-C series from Littelfuse, are designed to provide very fast acting, high-performance over-voltage protection devices ideally suited for power interfaces, passenger charging interfaces, and well as LED lighting modules, and low speed I/Os.
The 200W discrete AQHV Series (unidirectional) and AQHV-C (bidirectional) introduced by Littelfuse, protect sensitive equipment from damage due to electrostatic discharge (ESD) and other overvoltage transients. Both series can safely absorb repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level required by international standards without performance degradation and safely dissipate up to 8A (for AQHV12) of induced surge current with very low clamping voltages.
The Key Applications of AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays include:
- ESD protection for automotive electronics.
- LED lighting modules.
- Mobile/handheld devices.
- CAN BUS (drive-by-wire).
- LIN BUS. RS-232 and RS-485 interfaces.
- General-purpose low-speed I/Os.
- Portable instrumentation.
“As AEC-Q101 qualified devices, the AQHV and AQHV-C Series can ensure maximum reliability in the harshest environments,” said Tim Micun, Director of TVS Diode Arrays (SPA diodes) at Littelfuse. “That makes them a great option for designers who need to replace passive ESD protection or to ‘sprinkle’ protection devices around a printed circuit board.”
The Key Benefits of the AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode include:
- ESD protection up to ±30kV and surge protection up to 8A helps equipment manufacturers comply with and exceed industry standards, extending equipment life and system uptime.
- Low dynamic resistance provides up to 60 percent lower clamping voltages than alternative technologies, offering an ideal solution for protecting modern electronics filled with small-geometry ICs.
- The silicon diodes used in their construction are capable of handling >1000 ESD strikes or surge transients without performance degradation in contrast with alternative technologies that have an inherent wear-out factor.
AQHV and AQHV-C Series TVS Diode Arrays are provided in SOD-882 (0402) surface mount packages and are available in quantities of 10,000 in tape and reel format.
Product: Click here.
Web for Littelfuse: Click here.