Maxim Integrated Products’ new MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX148802.75kV and 5kV family of isolated controller area network (CAN) transceivers help designers ensure robust communication and improve up time for industrial systems.
Nowadays, CAN is widely deployed in various industrial applications.Maxim Integrated Products’ new MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880 CAN transceivers overcome the challenges of operators requiring integrated isolation and a robust interface to withstand noisy environments.
In addition, traditional CAN risk communication failures through faults/shorts on the transceiver inputs, system robustness against electrostatic discharge (ESD) strikes, and large ground shifts in industrial environments.
Maxim Integrated Products’ new MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880 CAN transceiver features:
- The family of high-speed transceiversintegrates up to 5kV integrated galvanic isolation
- with fault protection and ±15kV Human Body Model (HBM) ESDto increase uptime in harsh and noisy environments.
- They operate up to the maximum high-speed CAN data rate of 1Mbps and feature ±54V fault protection on receiver inputs.
- Available in industry-compatible pin-outs, the transceivers are packaged in a wide-body 16-pin SOIC package with 8mm of creepage and clearance and operate over the -40-degree Celsius to +125-degree Celsius temperature range.
Robust communications increase uptime:
- Up to5kV integrated galvanic isolation; UL1577 certified
- ±54V fault protection
- ±15kV HBM ESD
Citing on the new rollout, Jeff DeAngelis, Managing Director of Business Management at Maxim Integrated said,“This family of isolated transceivers provides the highest level of ESD protection for our customers. Designers can easily upgrade their systems through integrated features that increase uptime with robust communication.”
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880 are available at Maxim’s website and select authorized distributors for $2.90 (1000-up, FOB USA)
- The MAX14880EVKIT# evaluation kit is available for $100; evaluates MAX14878, MAX14879, and MAX14880
- Further info about Maxim’s transceivers, including the MAX14883E with selectable polarity: Click here
Further info: Click here