Engineered by Murata Power Solutions for robust environment applications, the OKI-78SR-E series features three modules with a fixed single output voltage of 3.3 V at 1.5 A, 5 V at 1.5 A and 12 V at 1 A.
Murata announces the addition of the OKI-78SR-E series of three terminal non-isolated DC-DC converters.
Engineered by Murata Power Solutions for robust environment applications, the series features three modules with a fixed single output voltage of 3.3 V at 1.5 A, 5 V at 1.5 A and 12 V at 1 A.
The converters tout to provide a cost effective, highly efficient alternative to a T0-220/78xx series linear regulator.
Key Features include:
- The fully encapsulated module is rated to operate from – 40° C to + 85° C and can be used in almost any application where a single output of 3.3, 5 or 12 V is required.
- The 3.3 and 5 V models operate from an input range of 7 V to 36 V and the 12 V model in the range of 15 V to 36 V.
- All models are available in either vertical or horizontal SIP mounting options using a linear regulator compatible pin out.
- The efficiency of the 12 V OKI-78SR-12/1.0-W36E-C device when powered from a 24 V source is > 95 % eliminating the need for a heat sink, reducing cost and complexity during the manufacturing process.
- Additional features include short circuit and over current protection.
- The OKI-78SR-E series incorporates advanced assembly techniques, to produce a technology-leading board mounted power module.
Incorporating the latest PWM technologies for power conversion, customers purchasing the OKI-78SR-E series can be assured that its efficiency, high reliability and optional packaging configurations all offer an unmatched level of performance. Standard features include UL safety approvals, as well as state of the art performance for thermal management, dynamic load response, industry standard package and OCP protection features.
It is suitable for applications ranging from high reliability networking and telecommunications, to railway applications and communications, and to control systems, lighting & computing systems. The modules are very effective for applications including those intended for industrial environments with limited airflow for cooling, limited space, or the desire to improve the overall system efficiency by eliminating the linear regulator.
For further info: www.murata.com