New Yorker Electronics announces the addition of the Vishay SiC530 TrenchFET VRPower IC to its line of power integrated circuits. Combining a driver and high- and low-side MOSFETs in a 3.5mm x 4.5mm PowerPAK package, Vishay’s SiC530 is touted to offer a 45% smaller footprint than discrete solutions while delivering high power density with 30A continuous and 40A peak current capability.
- Thermally enhanced PowerPAK MLP4535-22L package
- Includes Vishay’s Gen IV MOSFET technology and a low-side MOSFET with integrated Schottky diode
- Delivers up to 30A continuous current, 40A at 10ms peak current
- High efficiency performance
- High frequency operation up to 2MHz
- Power ON reset
- 5V PWM logic with tri-state and hold-off
- Supports PS4 mode light load requirement for IMVP8 with low shutdown supply current (5V, 5uA)
- Under voltage lockout for VCIN
The SiC530 is an integrated power stage solution optimized for synchronous buck applications to deliver high current, high efficiency and high power density performance. It also enables voltage regulator designs to deliver up to 30A continuous current per phase.
The internal power MOSFETs utilizes Vishay’s state-of-the-art Gen IV TrenchFET technology, reported to provide industry benchmark performance to significantly reduce switching and conduction losses.
The SiC530 incorporates an advanced MOSFET gate driver integrated circuit with high current driving capability, adaptive dead-time control, an integrated bootstrap Schottky diode and zero current detect to improve light load efficiency.
The driver is also compatible with a wide range of PWM controllers and supports tristate PWM and 5V PWM logic. To increase light-load efficiency the driver IC incorporates diode emulation mode circuity and zero-current detect, enabled by a pin.
- Notebooks, Ultrabooks, Desktops and Workstations
- Cloud Computing
- Telecommunications/Network Infrastructure
- Industrial PCs
- Power Delivery for High-Performance ASICs, Memory and FPGAs in Embedded Systems