Diodes Incorporated has recently launched the AP43770 USB Type-C power delivery (PD) controller, a highly integrated solution for implementing PD over USB in fixed and portable devices, and offline power adapters.
The Key Characteristics and Benefits of the AP43770 PD Controller include:
- embedded microcontroller running firmware compliant with the latest USB Type-C specification and USB PD Revision 3.0 V1.1.
- Support for Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 4/4+ is built into the device.
- inclusion of QC3.0, QC2.0, and Battery Charging (BC) revision 1.2 and other legacy protocols with auto-detection for backwards compatibility which can be maintained with existing equipment.
- The programmable power supply (PPS) feature, introduced with the latest version of the USB PD specification, allows the output voltage to vary based on the load requirements
- The AP43770 includes the necessary support for eMarker technology, in order to detect and identify cables before power is delivered. Cable compensation is also supported.
- When coupled with a suitable PWM controller, such as Diodes’ AP3108L, the AP43770 provides a total PD solution.
- Also features up to 8kb of OTP (for main firmware code) or MTP (for user configurable parameters).
The AP43770 from Diodes is well-suited to a range of applications where USB PD is implemented, including AC adapters, power hubs, battery banks, and USB PD converters.
The AP43770 is available in the space-saving TSSOP-16 package.
Further information: Click here