The STMicroelectronics ISO8200AQ galvanic isolated octal high-side smart power switch enhances diagnostics and system management by providing a 20 MHz SPI port allowing both per-channel over-temperature signalization and efficient daisy-chaining of multiple devices. A power-good output indicates the status of the process-side power supply.
The device enlarges ST’s family of galvanic isolated high-side switches, featuring maximum safety and robustness in demanding applications such as industrial PLCs, PCs, or peripherals, and numeric-control machines in conventional factory automation or Industry 4.0 smart-factory scenarios.
The Key Features of the STMicroelectronics‘ Galvanic Isolated High-Side Smart Power Switch include:
- Vdemag = VCC – 45 V (per channel)
- RDS(on) = 0.11 Ω (per channel)
- IOUT = 0.7 A (per channel)
- VCC = 45 V
- SPI interface with daisy chaining
- 5 V and 3.3 V TTL/CMOS and μC compatible I/Os
- Common output enable/disable pin
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Reset function for IC outputs disable
- Very low supply current
- Undervoltage shutdown with auto restart and hysteresis
- Short-circuit protection
- Per-channel overtemperature protection
- Thermal independence of separate channels
- Case overtemperature protection
- Loss of Ground and Supply protections
- Overvoltage protection (VCC clamping)
- Common fault open drain output
- Power GOOD open drain output
- High common mode transient immunity
- ESD protection
An extensive ecosystem of support tools helps users get the best performance from the ISO8200AQ. These include the X-NUCLEO-OUT02A1 demonstration board, which simplifies evaluating and fine-tuning the setup, and the STSW-IFAPGUI graphical user interface that helps visualize the device behavior. The X-NUCLEO-OUT02A1 takes advantage of the IC’s internal galvanic isolation between logic and power stages, and adds reverse-polarity protection and EMC precautions meeting IEC61000-4-2, IEC61000-4-4, and IEC61000-4-5, to satisfy industrial safety standards.
The ISO8200AQ is available now in 9mm x 11mm 32-pin TFQFPN32, priced from $3.125 for orders of 1000 pieces.
For further information, visit Click here