Mouser Electronics announces stocking of the new EFM32GG11 Giant Gecko Series 1 microcontrollers from Silicon Labs.
Part of Silicon Labs’ energy-friendly EFM32 Gecko portfolio, the EFM32GG11 Giant Gecko Series are Industrial-strength microcontrollers that deliver higher performance, more features and lower power.
The Silicon Labs EFM32GG11 microcontrollers, available from Mouser Electronics, combine:
- Peak 72 MHz processing performance, large memory options, peripherals and hardware accelerators, and comprehensive software tools.
- The microcontrollers are based on a 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4 core with up to 2048 Kbytes of flash program memory and up to 512 Kbytes of RAM data memory to support performance-intensive applications.
- The EFM32GG11 Giant Gecko family provides a safe, secure platform for building applications with best-in-class cryptography.
- The microcontrollers feature a high-performance, energy-efficient security accelerator, a security management unit (SMU) supporting fine-grained security for peripheral access, and a NIST-certified true random number generator (TRNG) for higher security randomization.
- The cryptographic hardware engine also supports AES, ECC, and SHA security encryption.
- The microcontrollers offer a variety of new features, including an octal/quad-SPI memory controller, SD/MMC/SDIO controller and dual CAN bus controllers.
- Developers can also take advantage of the microcontrollers’ graphics engine, robust capacitive touch sensing capabilities, and 10/100 Ethernet MAC for IP-based industrial control.
The Silicon Labs EFM32GG11 Giant Gecko Series 1 microcontrollers are software compatible across the entire EFM32 MCU and EFR32 Wireless Gecko SoC portfolio, enabling developers to reduced design time and cost.
Additionally, Silicon Labs’ Simplicity Studio development tools support the Gecko microcontrollers, giving developers one-click access to everything needed to complete projects in a unified Eclipse-based environment.
Key Applications Include
The EFM32GG11 Giant Gecko family offers an advanced feature set, targeting Internet of Things (IoT), wearable tech, smart metering, asset tracking, industrial and building automation, and personal medical applications.
Further info: Click here.
Web: Click here.