STMicroelectronics has introduced the ISM330DLC six-axis IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit). The ISM330DLC six-axis IMU extends ST’s family of ultra-low power MEMS sensors for industrial applications, which combine high accuracy and robustness with long-term availability assured by ST’s 10-year longevity program.
The Key Features of the ISM330DLC six-axis IMU include:
- 3D accelerometer with selectable full scale: ±2/±4/±8/±16 g
- 3D gyroscope with selectable full scale: ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000 dps
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- SPI & I²C serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Dedicated gyroscope output chain with low latency, low noise and dedicated low-pass filters for control loop stability (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for independent, low-noise low-latency data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- Ultra-low power consumption for both accelerometer enabling long-lasting battery-operated applications: 0.5 mA in combo normal mode and 0.75 mA in combo high-performance mode
- Smart FIFO up to 4 kbyte
- Smart embedded functions and interrupts: tilt detection, free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Embedded hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test both for gyroscope and accelerometer
- High shock survivability
- Extended operating temperature range (-40 °C to +85 °C)
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
As a richly featured device architected for high accuracy, stability, and reliability, the ISM330DLC also contains a temperature sensor and built-in self-test both for the gyroscope and accelerometer.
Pricing and Availability
The ISM330DLC is in production now, as a 2.5mm x 3mm x 0.83mm plastic land-grid array (LGA) system-in-package, priced from $2.90 for orders of 1000 pieces.
For further information, Click here