STMicroelectronics introduces the LPS22HH MEMS piezoelectric absolute pressure sensor -a sensor so accurate and stable that manufacturers can eliminate one-point calibration (OPC) after soldering to increase throughput and efficiency.
With a pressure noise equivalent to 5cm, the LPS22HH enhances controls such as collision avoidance for drones or other unmanned vehicles. Its superior accuracy also enhances the features of smartphones and sport watches, such as indoor navigation.
In addition, temperature compensation is built in, relieving the load on the host microcontroller or application processor, helping to save energy and ensure smooth operation across the full temperature range. High stability over wide-ranging operating conditions also boosts the performance of devices such as gas meters, weather-station equipment and wearables.
The Key Features of the Tiny MEMS Pressure Sensor include:
- 260 to 1260 hPa absolute pressure range
- Current consumption down to 4 μA
- Absolute pressure accuracy: 0.5 hPa
- Low-pressure sensor noise: 0.65 Pa
- High-performance TCO: 0.65 Pa/°C
- Embedded temperature compensation
- 24-bit pressure data output
- ODR from 1 Hz to 200 Hz
- SPI, I²C or MIPI I3CSM interfaces
- Embedded FIFO
- Interrupt functions: Data-Ready, FIFO flags, pressure thresholds
- Supply voltage: 1.7 to 3.6 V
- High shock survivability: 22,000 g
- Small and thin package
- ECOPACK lead-free compliant
The LPS22HH is in production now, packaged as a 2mm x 2mm x 0.73mm 10-lead HLGA, priced from $1.55 for orders of 1000 pieces.
Further info, visit: Click here