Available in Automotive Grade and Commercial / Industrial Versions, 200 V and 600 V Devices from Vishay Intertechnology Feature Low 1.3 mm Profile, Forward Currents to 15 A
Vishay Intertechnology rolls out 13 new 200 V and 600 V FRED Pt Ultrafast recovery rectifiers in the eSMP series SlimDPAK (TO-252AE) package.
Available in Automotive Grade and commercial / industrial versions, the new devices offers lower profiles and better thermal performance than devices in the DPAK (TO-252AA).
The Vishay Semiconductors rectifiers deliver high power density and efficiency for automotive and telecom applications.
The latest devices released offers:
- Combine a low 1.3 mm profile with high forward current ratings to 10 A for 200 V rectifiers and 15 A for 600 V rectifiers.
- Footprint-compatible with the DPAK package, the devices’ profile is 43 % lower to enable slimmer end products, while their heat sink area is 14 % larger for lower thermal resistance.
- In addition, new 15 A rectifiers provide an alternative to devices in the D2PAK (TO-263AB) package.
- The rectifiers’ FRED Pt technology enables ultrafast recovery times down to 14 ns, low reverse recovery charge, and soft recovery features over the entire working temperature range of -55 °C to +175 °C.
- The devices’ low forward voltage drop down to 0.71 V at 4 A reduces power losses and improves efficiency.
Typical applications for the AEC-Q101 qualified Automotive Grade rectifiers include DC/DC converters in automotive engine control units (ECU), anti-lock braking systems (ABS), and HID and LED lighting while commercial / industrial devices are optimized for telecom power supplies.
The new rectifiers feature an MSL moisture sensitivity level of 1, per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260 °C. RoHS-compliant and halogen-free, the devices are ideal for automated placement and allow for automated optical inspection (AOI) in automotive systems.
Samples and production quantities of the new Ultrafast rectifiers are available now, with lead times of 8 to 10 weeks for large orders.
Further info: www.vishay.com