Telit announces global commercial availability of its hybrid IoT modules that combine 3G Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GNSS into a single package. Touted as world’s-first, the new HE922-3GR and WE922-3GR smart module series in the xE922 family are the first to use the Intel Atom x3 SoC Processor technology with a self-contained quad-core processing engine and comprehensive I/O resources.
Combined with the company IoT Portal and IoT Connectivity services, these modules deliver a complete end-to-end solution ideal for providers in a broad range of application areas including healthcare, vending, POS, public parking, smart buildings, smart grid and the industrial internet of things.
“The xE922-3GR products are game changers. When you look at how complexity of designing devices with multiple chipsets is impacting cost and time-to market, you can appreciate the power of these all-in-one hybrid modules,” said Ronen Ben-Hamou, Telit Executive Vice President of Products and Solutions. “It would take a good engineering team month to develop an IoT device prototype using disparate chips, whereas an engineer or two can now create a complete end-to-end IoT solution in just couple of weeks.”
“Across all industries and segments, businesses are always looking for shortcuts in traditional product development to get to market faster,” said Fred Yentz, Chief Executive Officer, Telit IoT Platforms. “With the combination of Telit’s Cloud-ready IoT modules, custom data plans, comprehensive IoT Portal, and unmatched IoT Know-How, we make it easy to connect, manage and integrate your ‘things’ with web-based or mobile apps or enterprise systems – providing the fastest path to business transformation, improved operational efficiencies and innovation in the market.”
Key Specs Include:
- With a 34x40mm LGA footprint, the WE922-3GR and HE922-3GR deliver unparalleled features for their size.
- Both modules include 2.4GHz Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.0 LE.
- The embedded global positioning receiver in the modules is compatible with GPS and GNSS constellations.
- The application development environment is based on Android and Yocto Linux enabling access and reuse of vast libraries of functions and applications across all industries and segments.
- In addition to all of the above features, the HE922-3GR includes quad-band HSPA+ cellular connectivity delivering 21Mbps download data rate with fallback to 2G.
- The 3GPP Release 7 compliant HE922-3GR module supports 850/900/1900/2100MHz 3G HSPA+ bands with 850/900/1800/1900MHz 2G.
- The upload data rate is 5.76Mbps.
Both the WE922-3GR and HE922-3GR modules are available in two environmental grade variants. The commercial grade has an operating temperature range of 0°C to +70°C; the extended grade has an operating temperature range of -40°C to +85°C. The modules can be connected to an SD card and provide connections for a USB 2.0 port with OTG, two UART and SPI ports and I2C support.
A developers’ kit is also available for the modules which includes a high-resolution touch screen with embedded cameras and audio, all the necessary antennas and a power supply. A comprehensive set of application development tools is available online.