Mouser Electronics is distributing Silicon Labs’ Si3406x Power Over Ethernet Plus (POE+) Powered Device (PD) family. Integrating all necessary high-voltage discrete components on a single PD chip, the Si3406x family devices reduce time to market and system cost for a variety of high-efficiency, high-power POE+ PD applications.
The Silicon Labs ICs deliver 30 watts of power to support the feature-rich Internet of Things (IoT) products like Voice over IP ( VoIP) devices, motor-positioned IP and security cameras, and other industrial devices.
As the demand for high-wattage IoT applications increases, developers must rely on powered devices that support the POE+ standard. The Silicon Labs Si3406x POE+ PD family ICs, available from Mouser Electronics, convert the high voltage supplied over Ethernet copper cabling into a regulated, low-voltage DC supply.
The Key Features of the Silicon Labs Si3406x POE+ PD family ICs include:
- Type 1 (PoE) or Type 2 (PoE+) power
- Full IEEE 802.3at compliance
- Synchronous secondary FET driver
- Current mode DC-DC converter
- Tunable switching frequency
- Auxiliary transformer winding support
- Auxiliary adapter support
- Internal hot-swap and switching FET bypass support
- Automated maintain-power-signature (MPS) support
- Sleep mode augmented with wake pin, mode control, and LED driver
- 120V Absolute Max voltage performance
- Extended -40°C to +85°C temperature
- Compact 5mm x 5mm QFN package
- Pb-free; ROHS-compliant
The Si3406x POE+ PD family includes the flagship Si3406 IC as well as the Si34061 variant, which adds support for external FETs and to improve power conversion efficiency, and the Si34062 variant, which includes support for sleep modes with wake function, as well as LED drive capability.
The 20-pin Si3406 IC and 24-pin Si34061 and Si34062 are housed in a compact, 5 mm × 5 mm QFN package, and support an operating temperature range of minus 40 to 85 degrees Celsius.
The Key Applications of Silicon Labs’ Si3406x available from Mouser Electronics include:
- Voice over IP (VoIP) devices
- Wireless access points
- Security and surveillance IP cameras
- Lighting luminaires
- Point-of-sale terminals
- Internet appliances
- Network devices
Three evaluation boards, available from Mouser Electronics, support the new devices. The tiny, 32 mm × 32 mm, 7W Class 2 Si3406FBC2-KIT and the compact, 15W Class 3 Si3406FBC3-KIT showcase non-isolated flyback designs, while the 30W, 90-percent efficient Si34061ISOC4-KIT highlights a high-power, isolated flyback using the Si34061. All three evaluation boards include detailed design guides and EMI test reports.
Further information about Silicon Labs’ Si3406x, visit: Click here.