The STMicroelectronics AIS2DW12 automotive accelerometer makes Passive Keyless Entry (PKE) radio fobs tough enough to survive the inevitable drops and scrapes in a lifetime of use. With its ultra-low power consumption, the accelerometer adds practicality to the convenience and superior theft resistance that comes with motion awareness.
Unlike some other accelerometers positioned for PKE, ST’s AIS2DW12 passes severe industry shock testing. Hence vehicle owners can enjoy greater security without taking extra care of a fragile fob, and with longer battery life as a bonus.
The Key Features of the ST Accelerator include:
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IO supply and supply voltage compatible
- Ultra-low-power mode consumption down to 380 nA @1.6 Hz
- ±2g/±4g dynamically selectable full scales
- High-speed I²C/SPI digital output interface
- 2 independent programmable interrupts
- Single data conversion on demand
- 16-bit data output
- Embedded temperature sensor
- 32-level embedded FIFO
- 10000 g high shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
The AIS2DW12 is compliant with automotive Product Part Approval Process (PPAP) Level-3. It is available now in a 2mm x 2mm x 1mm 12-pad Land-Grid Array (LGA) package from $1.375 for orders of 1000 pieces.
Further information: Click Here