STMicroelectronics has expanded its GNSS product offering with the Teseo-LIV3R ROM-based module. The module which is competitively-priced provides ST’s full GNSS algorithm capability for cost-conscious tracking and navigation devices.
The Key Features and Benefits of the new module from ST include:
- Odometer functionality with three trip counters and reached-distance alert,
- Geofencing capabilities with up to eight configurable circles
- Crossing-circles alarm
- Support for real-time assisted GNSS with free server access ensures uninterrupted positioning data for dependable navigation.
- Simultaneous tracking of GPS, Glonass, Beidou, and QZSS constellations
- Satellite-Based Augmentation System (S-BAS) and RTCM V3.1 differential positioning ensure excellent accuracy to within 1.5 meters (50% CEP).
- Tracking sensitivity of -163dBm and time-to-first-fix faster than one second
- Easy to use and responds to proprietary NMEA commands.
With scalable power consumption according to accuracy, average current, and frequency of fixes, a sub-15µA standby mode with RTC backup, and support for multiple low-power modes, Teseo-LIV3R is an ideal choice for battery-sensitive applications.
The low-power modes include continuous-fix with adaptive and power-saving cycled modes, periodic-fix with GPS only, and fix-on-demand with the device in permanent standby.
To simplify and accelerate new product development, the module is FCC certified and is supported by the STM32 Open Development Environment. STM32 applications for advanced geolocation, smart tracking, and server-assisted GNSS are available, while the EVB-LIV3x evaluation board and X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 expansion board provide a head-start with hardware. The Teseo Suite PC tool helps easily configure settings and fine-tune performance. Developers can also join the ST GNSS community to share information and increase their understanding of the field.
The Teseo-LIV3R is in volume production. The 9.7mm x 10.1mm LCC18 module is priced from $7.3 for orders of 1000 pieces.
For more information: Click Here