STMicroelectronics launces new ACEPACK (Adaptable Compact Easier PACKage) modules. ST’s new ACEPACK provide cost-effective and highly integrated power conversion for 3-30 kW applications including industrial motor drives, air conditioners, solar generators, welders, battery chargers, UPS controllers, and electric vehicles.
ST’s space-efficient, low-profile ACEPACK technology combines:
- High-Power density with reliability in economical plastic package.
- Features include optional solder-free press-fit connections, which simplify assembly as an alternative to conventional soldered pins, and metal screw clamps that enable fast and reliable mounting.
- Inside, ST’s third-generation field-stop trench IGBTs is claimed to deliver today’s best combination of low on-resistance and high switching performance.
- Two configurations are available, giving a choice of sixpack modules that contain six IGBTs with freewheel diodes as a three-phase inverter, or Power Integrated Modules (PIM) that provide a complete driver power stage.
- The PIMs are Converter-Inverter-Brake (CIB) devices that integrate a three-phase rectifier, a three-phase inverter, and a braking chopper for handling energy returned from the load.
- Both types also contain an NTC thermistor for temperature sensing and control.
Various PIM/CIB and sixpack devices are available in ACEPACK 1 or larger ACEPACK 2 sizes, featuring either 650V or 1200V IGBTs and current ratings from 15A to 75A. The internal layout of the modules is optimized for low stray inductance and low EMI emissions, which simplifies meeting EMC regulations, and 2.5kV isolation ensures robust performance under harsh operating conditions.
All modules are specified up to 175°C maximum operating temperature, giving designers extra freedom to optimize heatsink size and power dissipation.
Web: Click here