A new plug-and-play powerline communication (PLC) development toolset from STMicroelectronics accelerates the development of turn-key powerline networks by providing all the hardware and software components needed to build and run a PLC application.
The latest toolset from STMicroelectronics lets developers connect smart devices using the ST8500/STLD1 chipset –proven in utility-class smart-meter projects – on ST’s EVALKITST8500-1 evaluation kit for the ST8500 PLC modem system-on-chip and STLD1 dual line driver.
The Key Features of the PLC Development Toolset include:
- Power line communication evaluation kit based on ST8500 and STLD1 devices
- Complete power line communication (PLC) reference design, suitable to evaluate several narrow-band PLC protocols (G3, PRIME, etc.) in the frequency range up to 500 kHz
- Modular board architecture
- ST8500 full performance PLC module including the companion STLD1 line driver
- STM32 microcontroller motherboard for system management, application host controller and interface to PC
- STEVAL-ISA175V1, wide-range input voltage, 9.4 W power supply board based on VIPER26HD
- Optional 12 – 15 V DC input available for laboratory tests without AC mains connection
By also including ST’s STSW-SGKITGUI SmartGrid LabTool, the toolset lets users easily configure and control the EVALKITST8500-1 hardware, run application commands, and apply firmware upgrades. Supporting documentation is also provided, including the STM32 Firmware User Manual and G3-PLC Host Interface Driver application note.
Using the new toolset, developers can realize innovative and future-proof products and services particularly suitable for smart home, smart building, smart city, smart infrastructure, and smart energy applications, leveraging ST’s long-term commitment to powerline technology and broad product portfolio.
The toolset is available now and free to qualified potential customers.
Further information: Click Here