Samsung Electronics has launched its Portable SSD T1, an external portable solid state drive (SSD). Designed with speed and security, this Portable SSD T1 is ideal for business travellers, creative professionals and content creators to quickly transfer large contents.
Highlighted Features of Portable SSD T1:
- Portable SSD T1 saves users time with extremely fast read/write speeds, enabling users to plug in and quickly grab their work to present to prospectivfe clients or partners. The drive comes with sequential read/write speeds of up to 450 megabytes per second (MB/s) with a USB 3.0 super speed interface and random read/write speeds of up to 8,000 inputs/outputs per second (IOPS) and 21,000 IOPS, respectively.
- The write speed is as responsive as an internal SSD and up to 100 times faster than an external hard disk drive
- The security features of the drive also make it among the safest in the world
- With 256 bit hardware encryption, the TI is safer than keeping your money in a bank.
- Powered by Samsung’s cutting-edge 3D Vertical NAND (V-NAND) technology, the Portable SSD T1 is a high-performance memory storage device that has recently been awarded at the 2015 CES.
- With its intuitive UI, the Samsung Portable SSD T1 is easy to set up and protect
- With just one user-set password, the drive is safe from unwanted access thanks to AES 256-bit hardware encryption.
- It is shock resistant up to 1500G/0.5ms and features Dynamic Thermal Guard, which will activate in extreme temperature conditions to protect the drive and any stored data
- Samsung’s innovative 3D V-NAND technology helps the T1 store more in a smaller form factor.
- The flash memory is fabricated using an innovative vertical design. Its vertical architecture stacks 32 cell layers on top of one another rather than trying to decrease the cells’ length and width to fit today’s ever-shrinking form factors. This architecture results in higher density and higher performance using a smaller footprint.
- Samsung’s three-dimensional Vertical NAND Flash memory (3D V-NAND) breaks free of the scaling limit for existing NAND Flash technology.
- The Portable SSD T1 has a slim and compact design, weighs about 30 gms.
- Features premium aesthetics like black chrome metal coating and laser patterning, making it the sleek, fashionable choice for sophisticated and stylish users.
- The Samsung Portable SSD T1 works effortlessly with both Windows and Mac PCs using the exFAT file system.
“We live in a digital age and with the proliferation of smart devices, the need for storage is on a rapid rise. We needed to think beyond the existing storage options and provide our consumers with mobility, capacity and security of performance. The Samsung SSD T1 helps users manage their data on the go, offering faster speeds and saving precious time of the users” said Mr Anuj Jain, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Business, Samsung India Electronics Ltd.
The all new SSD T1 would be beneficial for gamers, media, movie production, architects, and designers among others. The Portable SSD T1 is available in 250GB, 500GB and 1TB models with 3 years of warranty. The product is available at leading online stores and soon to be available at retail stores as well