For making India an electronic manufacturing hub, the Indian Government has announced Electronics Manufacturing Clusters (EMC 2.0) on April 01, 2020. The objective is to address the disabilities, by providing support for the creation of world-class infrastructure along with common facilities and amenities, including Ready Built Factory (RBF) sheds / Plug and Play facilities for attracting major global electronics manufacturers along with their supply chain to set up units in the country.
This Scheme will fortify the linkage between domestic and international markets by strengthening supply chain responsiveness, consolidation of suppliers, decreased time-to-market, lower logistics costs, etc.
“The EMC 2.0 is a decisive step in materialising the vision of our Prime Minister to make India a global hub for Electronic manufacturing. It is envisaged that these EMCs would aid the growth of the ESDM sector, help development of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, drive innovation and catalyze the economic growth of the region by attracting investments in the sector”, says Ashwini Vaishnaw, Ministry of Railway, Govt of India.
“The EMC 2.0 is a path-breaking initiative for promoting electronic manufacturing in the country. The scheme is a game-changer and shall certainly take the sector to the next level. The purpose of the scheme is sound and clear and through this country will create a robust infrastructure base for the electronic industry to attract a flow of investment in ESDM sector and lead to greater employment opportunities considering the potential thrust that this scheme will put on the economy”, mentioned Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Electronics and Information Technology of India.
Key Instructions while applying for EMC 2.0 scheme
1. Applicants should go through EMC 2.0 Guidelines carefully before filling up the information in the application.
2. The application shall be duly signed by an authorized signatory of the Project Implementation Agency (PIA).
3. PIA is advised to follow the format provided in EMC 2.0 Guidelines.
4. PIA is requested to provide all necessary information and enclose supporting documents along with their application.
5. The application should be submitted to Project Management Agency (PMA) in Electronic form through the scheme website, as well as one physical copy.
6. Application is divided into the following major sections:
(a). Applicant Details
(b). Financial Closure / Funding Details
(c). Project Details
7. If any document which is required to be submitted along with the application is available on a government website, the complete link where this document can be viewed may be provided. The responsibility of the correctness/ veracity of contents rest with the PIA.
The last date of submission is March 31, 2023.