Stratasys Asia Pacific body of Stratasys, Ltd commences the Objet30 Dental Prime, a high quality, low cost 3D printer designed to allow smaller dental labs to produce a wide range of models and appliances in-house.
While compact in size, the Objet30 Dental Prime is big in versatility, beginning with a choice of 3D print modes: High Quality and High Speed. The High Quality mode 3D prints models with superior surface finish and intricate, delicate features required for precise fittings on crown, bridge, and prosthetic models (in 16-micron layers). The High Speed mode 3D prints have commendable speeds to produce orthodontic models and surgical guides with increased productivity (in 28 micron layers). Together, these two print modes enable smaller labs to produce a wide range of dental and orthodontic appliances in-house – changing the economies for smaller dental labs by increasing productivity, shortening delivery times and improving patient satisfaction.
The Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer apparently mitigates the need for outsourcing and enables smaller labs to be more competitive.
Talking about the new launch, Steffen Mueller, General Manager, Dental Solutions at Stratasys said, “The introduction of the compact, versatile Objet30 Dental Prime 3D Printer continues Stratasys’ commitment to providing a variety of solutions to meet the different needs of dental and orthodontic labs, small and large. This addition to our entry-level desktop family brings superior-quality 3D printing available to all dental labs who want to provide competitive digital dentistry services to their clients.”
- Crown & Bridge Models – 16-micron layers provide a high level of accuracy and detail for crown and bridge (C&B) stone models.
- RPD Casting Patterns – Print casting patterns for removable partial dentures. Clear Bio-compatible material (MED610) can be used in the mouth and can also be investment cast for chromium cobalt RPD frames.
- Diagnostic Wax-Up – VeroGlaze (MED620) shading provides better aesthetics and is medically approved for temporary in-mouth placement, up to 24 hours.
- Surgical Guides – MED610 is the most widely used material for all 3D printed surgical guides.
- Veneer Try-In – VeroGlaze shading creates realistic veneer try-ins.
- Clear Aligners – VeroGlaze allows for cost-effective production of multiple-stage arches in the fabrication of clear aligner trays.