STMicroelectronics unveiled LIS2DTW12 combination of a MEMS 3-axis accelerometer and a temperature sensor on a single die for use in space-constrained and battery-sensitive detectors such as shipping trackers, wearables, and IoT endpoints. The sensing accuracy of 0.8°C offers precision comparable with stand-alone standard temperature sensors.
Adding to enhanced temperature compensation, leveraging the sensor’s superior accuracy, the accelerometer benefits from unprecedented flexibility with 65 different user modes that enable developers to optimize power consumption and noise to meet application-specific requirements. It has a user-selectable full-scale range up to ±16g and measures acceleration with output data rates from 1.6Hz to 1600Hz.
The Key Features of the MEMS Chip Include:
- Ultra-low power consumption: 50 nA in power-down mode, below 1 µA in active low-power mode
- Very low noise: down to 1.3 mg RMS in low-power mode
- 0.8 °C (typ. accuracy) embedded temperature sensor
- Multiple operating modes with multiple bandwidths
- Android stationary detection, motion detection
- Supply voltage, 1.62 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IO supply
- ±2g/±4g/±8g/±16g full scale
- High-speed I²C/SPI digital output interface
- Single data conversion on demand
- 16-bit accelerometer data output
- 12-bit temperature data output
- 32-level FIFO
- 10000 g high shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
The LIS2DTW12 from ST is specified from -40°C to +85°C and available now in the ultra-thin 2.0mm x 2.0mm x 0.7mm LGA-12 plastic land grid array package, priced from $0.99 for orders of 1000 pieces.
A dedicated adapter board, STEVAL-MKI190V1, is ready to use with the STEVAL-MKI109V3 microcontroller motherboard to connect to a PC running the Unico development GUI or a custom application for inspecting the sensor data.
For more information please go to: Click here