TDK Corporation has launched the InvenSense ICP-20100 platform, a new generation, feature-rich barometric pressure sensor, ideal for applications in smartphones, tablets, drones, and smart home appliances.
With architectural innovations, ICP-20100 improves on the industry-leading accuracy, long-term drift, and temperature stability of the SmartPressure™ product family.
“With its low noise architectural innovations, ICP-20100 underscores TDK’s continued commitment to bringing innovative human sensing solutions,” said Uday Mudoi, Director of Product Marketing at InvenSense, a TDK Group Company. “ICP-20100 accurately measures pressure over a long period, enabling new critical and important applications such as determination of the accurate location of E911 calls.”
The ICP-20100 device combines a barometric pressure and a temperature sensor in a small 2.0 mm x 2.0 mm x 0.8 mm package. The device enables flexible user designs with multiple input voltage levels including 1.2V, 1.8V and 3.3V, and a choice of I²C, I3CSM and SPI interfaces.
The ICP-20100 device can be configured to achieve ultra-low-noise or ultra-low-power performance and has the versatility to perform anywhere in-between.
The InvenSense SmartPressure family uses an innovative capacitive MEMS architecture to deliver lower power consumption and lower noise than competing pressure sensors technologies.
The ICP-20100 pressure sensor can operate over wide temperature ranges and deliver measurement accuracies required by a variety of applications including, 3D geolocation and emergency location service (E911), mobile indoor/outdoor navigation, sport and fitness activity tracking, and altitude-hold in drones.
The sensor assists in extending battery life for always-on applications due to its extremely low power consumption. With ultra-low noise pressure-sensing capabilities, the ICP-20100 can detect altitude changes of less than 5 cm.
- Smartphones, tablets
- Leisure, sports, and fitness activity monitoring for wearable sensors
- Altitude Control of Drones and Flying Toys
- Virtual Reality and Gaming Equipment
- Altimeters and barometers for portable devices
- Indoor/outdoor navigation (dead-reckoning, floor/elevator/step detection)
- Smart home appliances such as robotic vacuum cleaners
Main features and benefits
- Pressure operating range: 30 to 110 kPa
- Pressure sensor temperature coefficient offset: ±0.5 Pa/ºC
- I²C, I3C SM and SPI interface
- FIFO, Interrupt, User-configurable ODR/OSR
- RoHS and Green compliant