Anritsu Corporation has lately released two new software packages for evaluating 3GPP-compliant 5G Sub-6 GHz New Radio (NR) terminals.
The new Anritsu Released Software Packages Includes:
- NR TDD sub-6GHz Uplink TX Measurement MX887019A
- NR TDD sub-6GHz Downlink Waveforms MV887019A
Installing these packages in Anritsu MT8870A will support fully automatic and industry-fastest Non-Signalling 3GPP-defined 5G NR Sub-6 GHz TRx tests.
With a seamless frequency band up to 6 GHz and a 160 MHz bandwidth as standard, the Anritsu MT8870A supports 3GPP-defined 5G NR Sub-6 GHz tests without hardware upgrades.
As a result, customers with Anritsu MT8870A can easily extend their instrument’s functions to support 5G Sub-6 GHz tests while avoiding extra equipment costs.
The 3GPP organization proposed the first 5G NR specifications as part of 3GPP Release 15 in December 2017, and world telecom operators are accelerating practical trials with the aim of starting commercial services in early 2019.
Anritsu is developing solutions for the MT8870A to help improve the mass-production productivity of 5G NR Sub-6 GHz terminals and chipsets to facilitate smooth rollout of 5G services.
The 3GPP 5G NR specifications define use of the frequency band up to 52.6 GHz is at the first deployment stage but the Sub-6 GHz spectrum (frequency band up to 6 GHz) seems most likely to be used.
This band has the advantage of offering services with similar frequency characteristics to 4G LTE, such as mobility and wide area coverage, and is expected to play a key role in 5G systems until 2020.
Consequently, vendors of 5G devices, such as smartphones, are expected to have increasing need for measuring instruments supporting future mass-production after first supporting this Sub-6 GHz band.
Anritsu has developed these 3GPP-defined 5G NR Sub-6 GHz test software packages for its popular the MT8870A to meet vendors’ demands for instruments supporting higher productivity in this measurement field.
Key Nuggets of the Tweaked Anritsu MT8870A Includes:
- The MT8870A is a test instrument for mass-production of various wireless communications equipment and modules.
- Up to four high-performance test units can be installed in one main unit, with each test unit operating completely independently in parallel to measure and evaluate up to four wireless communications units or modules simultaneously at industry-fastest speed.
- In addition, the MT8870A platform also supports continuous testing of 4G + 5G + IEEE 802.11ax + Bluetooth 5 functions now commonly integrated into next-generation mobile device designs, helping optimize production lines and cut testing costs.
Target Markets and Applications
- Target Markets: Vendors of 5G chipsets, modules, and finished products
- Applications: Physical layer (RF) tests of 5G equipment and devices
Further info on the new Software Packages from Anritsu: https://www.anritsu.com/en-IN