A live demonstration of Toradex that leverages expertise and technology across all three companies is on display at the Industry of Things World in Berlin.
The Toradex demo includes:
- NXP’s high performance MX 8QuadMax application processor, optimized for safety and reliability,
- AWS IoT Greengrass and Amazon SageMaker Neo, which provide optimized machine learning at the device edge, plus seamless online and offline capabilities,
- Toradex’s easy-to-use Computer on Modules/System on Modules and software, which simplify development and maintenance while lowering time to market
The demo of Toradex is built around a conveyor belt simulating a factory automation line. A MIPI CSI Camera is used to detect and classify objects. Different types of pasta are used as an example for this showcase. The demo shows how to solve many challenges faced in today’s smart factories, some of which include:
- Secure connectivity for integrations with business tools, remote monitoring, updates, etc.
- Maximum uptime and reliability even with intermittent connectivity
- Small rugged and cost-optimized computing hardware
- Use of the latest technologies in computer vision and machine learning
- Short time to market and limited development resources
Toradex highlights how the collaboration between these companies simplifies many of the steps required to build advanced industrial automation equipment for Industry 4.0. In the future, this demo will be made available as a starting point to reduce the risk and time to market.
For more info, click here