Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (Toshiba) has recently launched “TLP2363,” a 10Mbps high-speed communication logic output photocoupler for 24V digital input interfaces of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). Shipments start today.
The new photocoupler’s specifications include both the minimum and maximum values of its threshold input current at its operating temperature range (-40 to 105℃). Use of the photocoupler in combination with appropriate resistors for current control realizes a 24V digital input module that follows IEC 61131-2 Type 1 specifications.
In addition, the new product’s circuit suppresses chattering noise so that its output is clearly either “low” or “high,” even with a slow input signal with a long (60s or less) rise or fall time. This eliminates the need for a waveform shaping circuit in the output part, reducing the number of components
The photocoupler is packaged in the thin 5pin SO6, and has a maximum height of 2.3mm. Its slim shape brings greater freedom to component layout on printed circuit boards.
High-speed digital interfaces (PLCs, measuring equipment and control equipment, etc)
- Minimum value of threshold input current : IFHL=0.3mA (min)
- Maximum value of threshold input current : IFHL=2.4mA (max)
- Wide operating temperature range: Topr = -40 to 105℃
- Data transfer rate: 10Mbps (typ.)
- High immunity to a slow input (maximum 60s)
- Operable for 3.3V / 5V supply voltage systems
For more info, click here