Toshiba Memory Corporation unveiled the XG6-P solid state drive (SSD) Series, a derivative of its XG6 Series. Offering up to 2,048GB of capacity and over 30 percent higher sequential write bandwidth than its predecessor, the XG6-P is suited for high-end workstation PCs and gaming systems, as well as cost-optimized data center and composable infrastructures.
Leveraging Toshiba Memory’s 96-layer BiCS FLASH 3D TLC (3-bit-per-cell), XG6-P SSDs provide high storage capacity while maintaining the promise of ultra-thin, high-speed storage with exceptional power efficiency.
The Key Features of the device from Toshiba Memory includes:
- PCIe Gen 3 x4 lane (rev. 3.1a) / NVMe (rev. 1.3a) interface
- Delivers up to 3,180MB/s of sequential read and 2,920MB/s of sequential write (up to 355,000 random read and 365,000 random write IOPS.)
- Operates at less than 5 Watts, providing an excellent performance-to-power ratio in a dense, compact footprint.
- Faster write speeds than the XG5-P, and a lower power envelope and smaller form factor than the data center-class XD5.
- The new XG6-P Series offers an additional M.2 NVMe storage option to further optimize client solutions or data center environments.
The 2,048GB XG6-P SSD is available in a single-sided M.2 2280 (22 x 80mm) form factor and offers security options including TCG Pyrite Version 1.0 support for Non-SED (Self-Encrypting Drive) configurations and TCG Opal Version 2.01 support for SED.
XG6-P will begin sampling to OEM customers in limited quantities from the middle of June.
In addition, The SSDs will be displayed at Interop Tokyo 2019 in Makuhari Messe, Japan.