Utilities on Cloud summit will be providing a guideline for the implementation of public cloud computing systems and associated software services in the context of power utilities.
Power utilities face unique challenges with public cloud computing implementations that aren’t seen in other industries and markets.
The two main utility-specific challenges are cyber security and economic factors. The electric utility industry faces unique cyber security standards and regulatory requirements.
The summit will also give specific insight into economic challenges – specifically how to capitalize on cloud computing infrastructure and services under the accounting rules mandated by the government.
The Utilities on Cloud Summit draws a growing audience of utility executives who recognize how rapidly changing technologies specifically impact our industry. Impacts include a combination of regulatory requirements, changing customer needs, security and legal ramifications that must be managed, and the bottom line of efficiently providing the crucial life-sustaining services that our society requires.
The Summit brings innovators from inside and outside the utility industry together for an exchange of ideas. Representatives from every sector are invited to be a part of this exciting forum to show utility attendees perspectives from other industries.
No matter how you are engaged in utilities, this is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn about cloud technologies and how they relate to the utility industry.
The Utilities on Cloud Summit will provide attendees an opportunity to:
- Identify the benefits of cloud computing as it relates to electric utilities
- Explore the applicable uses of cloud computing in the electric utility space
- Discuss challenges of cloud computing adoption
- Identify best practices for cyber security challenges
- Recognize and prepare for regulatory standards
- Ascertain and anticipate operational red flags
- Demonstrate best practices for fail-over and storage
How Cloud Will Revolutionize Utilities
- Streamline grid operations
- Safeguard field assets
- Maximize business value
- Enrich customer relationships
- Increase loyalty and client satisfaction
- Reduce cost to serve
- Future growth and success
- Reduce Time to Market and TCO
For more info, kindly click here.