Viavi Solutions announces that it will showcase new offerings from its broad portfolio of test and measurement solutions at the OFC Conference to be held in San Diego, March 3-7, 2019.
Featured demos will include test solutions for lab and production, fiber optic field testing, fiber monitoring and inspection, metro and transport networks, and optical communications.
Paving the Way to Next-Generation Networks up to 800G
VIAVI will introduce a range of new solutions designed for testing tomorrow’s network elements in today’s lab, production and manufacturing environments. With these new offerings, VIAVI further enhances the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio of test and measurement solutions for these markets.
VIAVI Receives Elite Product Review Scores
Four VIAVI products on display at this year’s OFC Conference received Elite scores in the 2019 Lightwave Innovation Reviews:
- SmartClass Fiber OLP-87 PON Power Meter – Enables simultaneous power measurement of all upstream and downstream wavelengths on live B/E/G-PON networks, and is compatible with next-generation PON networks (XG(S)-PON, 10G EPON and NG-PON2).
- Distributed Fiber Optic Temperature and Strain Sensing (DTSS) B-OTDR module – Measures the temperature and strain along an optical fiber cable based on Brillouin scattering technology. The B-OTDR module can be set up in a portable platform (T-BERD/ MTS-8000) for cable commissioning and routine auditing, or in a rack-mounted platform (OTU-8000) for permanent monitoring through ONMSi, the industry’s most widely deployed fiber monitoring system.
- MAP-2100 – A rack-mounted test unit for remote BER tests. The MAP-2100 provides the one tool that data center operators need to remotely test transmission quality of the network connecting its data centers, central offices, or head ends.
- OTU-5000 Optical Test Unit – Provides automated optical network monitoring with the most compact rack-mounted, remote OTDR test unit on the market. The OTU-5000 combines optical time-domain reflectometry (OTDR) and optical-switch technology to provide continuous monitoring of multiple fibers anywhere in the network from a single rack unit.
The Lightwave Innovation Reviews are scored by an independent panel of judges, recognizing products for originality, usefulness and differentiation. This year’s recipients will be awarded at the Lightwave Innovation Review Reception on Monday, March 4, during the OFC Conference.
VIAVI to Participate in Ethernet Alliance Panel
Dr. Paul Brooks, Head of Strategy for VIAVI lab and production, will participate in a panel discussion entitled “Interoperability – the Foundation of Ethernet Success” hosted by the Ethernet Alliance on Tuesday, March 5, 10:15-11:15 a.m. The panel will address the evolution of developments in Ethernet interoperability testing and the adoption of new practices that accelerate the seamless integration for all participants in the ecosystem.
Technology Interoperability Demonstrations
VIAVI will participate in two interoperability demonstrations on the OFC show floor:
- Ethernet Alliance (Booth #4749): VIAVI will showcase the ONT 400G CFP8 Module, a scalable test solution based on the latest standard for 400G and 200G Ethernet.
- Optical Internetworking Forum (OIF) (Booth #6215): VIAVI will showcase the ONT-600 FlexE in a live demonstration of Flex Ethernet technology interoperability.