36 W Device Features Low Resistance Down to 50 µΩ, Tin Plating to Aid in PCB Mounting
Vishay Intertechnology announced a new Automotive Grade Power Metal Strip battery shunt resistor. The new devices housed in 8518 case size with tin plating on the terminals offers a 36 W power capacity. Touts to feature extremely low resistance values down to 50 µΩ, the Vishay Dale WSBS8518…14 will lead to increased accuracy and lower costs compared to Hall Effect current sensing solutions, while its tin plating assists with PCB mounting and provides increased protection against corrosion.
The AEC-Q200 qualified device features:
- A proprietary processing technique that produces extremely low resistance values of 50 µΩ, 100 µΩ, 125 µΩ, and 250 µΩ.
- These low values will allow for more accurate data to determine battery charge and discharge helping designers meet specific customer battery management requirements.
- The WSBS8518…14 features a solid metal manganese-copper alloy resistive element with low TCR (± 20 ppm/°C), and an all-welded construction.
- The resistor offers low inductance values of < 5 nH, low thermal EMF down to < 1 µV/°C, and an operating temperature range of -65 °C to +170 °C.
- The device is RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
Key applications include gas, diesel, hybrid, and electric cars and trucks, as well as electric forklifts and other heavy industrial applications.
Samples and production quantities of the WSBS8518…14 are available now, with a lead time of eight to 10 weeks for larger orders.