Vishay Semiconductors VLMU1610-365-135 delivers an exceptionally long lifetime for medical, industrial, and printing applications. Efficiently replacing mercury lamps, the company’s expanded offering of mid-power UV LEDs in the 365 nm wavelength range with a new device is known to feature a silicone lens in a compact 1.6 mm by 1.6 mm by 1.4 mm surface-mount package.
- The silicone lens of the VLMU1610-365-135 is said to enable extremely long lifetimes up to 25,000 h, compared to the typical mercury lamp lifetime of 10,000 h.
- The environmentally friendly UV LED is free of heavy metals and provides increased reliability with its shock resistance and immunity to degradation from frequent on/off switching.
- While mercury lamps require complex drive circuits and need two to 15 minutes to warm up, the VLMU1610-365-135 allows for the use of simple low-voltage circuitry and requires no warm-up period.
- Built on InGaN (indium gallium nitride) technology, the device is touted to feature typical radiant power of 18 mW at 20 mA and 50 mW at 60 mA in a wavelength range between 362.5 nm and 370 nm.
- The VLMU1610-365-135 offers an emission angle of 135°.
- The LED’s specifications make it ideal for UV curing in nail salon, dental, and poster printing applications; blood and counterfeit money detection; and photocatalytic purification.
RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green, the VLMU1610-365-135 is compatible with reflow soldering processes and features a Moisture Sensitivity Level of 3 in accordance with J-STD-020.
Samples and production quantities of the new UV LED are exclusively obtainable with lead times of six to eight weeks.