Vishay Intertechnology announces its expansion of its VOR family of hybrid solid-state relays introduces three new devices designed to deliver high reliability and noiseless switching for telecommunications, industrial, security system, and metering applications.
As replacements for traditional electromechanical relays, the new Vishay Semiconductors 1 Form A VOR1142B4, VOR2142A8, and VOR2142B8 is touted to feature higher reliability and longer lifetimes, as well as fast switching times, current limit protection, and low power consumption.
- The new devices are single-channel (VOR1142B4) and dual-channel (VOR2142A8 and VOR2142B8) normally open single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switches.
- The devices’ modular hybrid construction allows high-performance MOSFETs for the switch output.
- The VOR1142B4 is offered in the SMD-4 package, while the VOR2142B8 is available in the SMD-8 and the VOR2142A8 features the DIP-8.
- All three devices offer a high isolation test voltage of 5300 VRMS, load voltages up to 400 V, and a very low turn-on current of 0.25 mA typical.
- The solid-state relays are VDE- and UL-certified to meet reinforced insulation requirements for most applications.
- The VOR1142B4, VOR2142B8, and VOR2142A8 offer clean, bounce-free switching over an ambient temperature range of -40 °C to +100 °C.
Additionally, typical applications is said to include alarm switches, I/O cards, automation, battery management systems, and automatic test equipment. Available in tape-and-reel and tube packing, the devices are RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
Samples and production quantities of the new solid-state relays are available now, with lead times of four to six weeks for large orders.