New Yorker Electronics is releasing the extended Vishay Polytech T55 series of vPolyTan surface-mount polymer tantalum molded chip capacitors. The new devices in the D case (EIA 7343-31) size features single-digit ESR values from 9mΩ down to 7mΩ, with values to 6mΩ in development.
Previously reserved for larger case sizes, the devices’ single-digit ESR values of are 3mΩ to 5mΩ lower than those typically found in D case devices. This results in reduced voltage drops, better frequency response, and higher ripple current ratings.
The devices are also known to reduce the number of capacitors required on the PCB, and with the D case’s low 3.1mm profile, they enable the design of thinner end products.
This series gets better frequency response and higher ripple current ratings up to 5.67A IRMS. They provide low internal resistance for enhanced charge and discharge characteristics.
The Key Features & Benefits of the Capacitors include:
- Ultra-low ESR
- 100 % surge current tested
- Accelerated voltage conditioning
- High ripple current capability
- Stable capacitance in operating temperature range
- Better capacitance stability vs. frequency
- No wear out effect
- Molded case available in 8 case codes
-Cases J, P: 100 % tin
-Case A: 100 % tin or Ni / Pd / Au
-Cases T, B, Z, V, D: Ni / Pd / Au
- Compatible with “high volume” automatic pick and place equipment
- Moisture sensitivity level 3
The Major Applications include:
- Decoupling, smoothing, filtering
- Bulk energy storage in wireless cards
- Infrastructure equipment
- Storage and networking
- Computer motherboards
- Smartphones and tablets
New Yorker Electronics is a franchise distributor for Vishay Technology and supplies its full line of Semiconductors and Passive Components.
Further information: Click Here