Vishay Intertechnology has announced its technology lineup for electronica 2016 which is set to kick-off on Nov. 8-11 at the Munich Trade Fair Centre in Munich, Germany. Flaunting at its main booth A5.141-142 and Automotive Innovation booth A6.A11-13, Vishay will showcase its latest industry-leading passive component, power MOSFET, IC, diode, and optoelectronics technologies for a wide range of applications.
Things to watch out at Vishay booth include:
- For increased efficiency in telecom, industrial, and enterprise applications, Vishay Siliconix will highlight the new SiHP065N60E fourth-generation 600 V E Series power MOSFET, which slashes on-resistance by 27 % compared with previous devices and delivers 60% lower gate charge. Vishay Siliconix will also demonstrate the superior power density and switching characteristics of the PowerPAK 8x8L package and the ruggedness of the SiRA90DP 30 V TrenchFET MOSFET in the PowerPAK SO-8, with real-time temperature rise comparisons between 5 mm by 6 mm package types.
- Integrated circuit (IC) demonstrations will include space-saving 60 A VRPower smart power stages with integrated current and temperature monitors. For high-performance telecom equipment and data center servers, the Vishay Siliconix SiC645 and SiC645A utilize low-side MOSFET RDS(ON) sensing to report current (IMON) and temperature (TMON). This method delivers higher accuracy than standard DrMOS products while eliminating the need for external circuitry. Vishay will also demonstrate the efficiency of the SiC431 20 A buck regulator compared with competing 5 mm by 6 mm devices.
- Vishay General Semiconductor will demonstrate the high power density of its TPCxxCA bidirectional 1500 W PAR transient voltage suppressors (TVS). Offered in the eSMP SMPC (TO-277A) package with a low height of 1.1 mm, the devices offer a 52 % lower profile than TVS in the traditional SMC package while providing a 38 % smaller footprint to reduce total volume by 70 %. Vishay will also demonstrate TVS clamping voltages at different pulses — in various packages — based on measured and simulated results, and the use of Field Stop (FS) and FRED Pt diodes for inverter circuit efficiency.
- Optoelectronics solutions on display from Vishay Semiconductors will include RGB LEDs with separate red, green, and blue LED chips inside the compact 3.5 mm by 2.8 mm by 1.45 mm PLCC-6 surface-mount package. For interior automotive lighting, RGB displays, and backlighting, the VLMRGB6112.. LEDs provide individual control of each chip, making it possible to realize every color within the color room defined by the gamut triangle area inside the CIE 1931 color space through color mixing. Vishay Semiconductors will also provide demonstrations of solid-state versus mechanical relay switching; proximity sensor capabilities and speed of response performance; and the functionality of gesture, RGB, optical switch, and UVA / UVB sensors.
- Passive components from Vishay will comprise a wide variety of the company’s latest capacitors, resistors, and inductors. Highlighted resistors will include the Vishay Dale WSK1216 Power Metal Strip resistor for automotive electronic controls. Offering a high power rating of 3 W in the compact 1216 case size, the device delivers a 260 W/in^2 power density to save board space. Vishay will also conduct demonstrations of the pulse load capability of MELF resistors compared with thin and thick film chip devices; the safety functionality of the HCTF235 thermal fuse; the advantages of water-sealed, ultra-flat potentiometer membranes; the TCR tracking of networks and discrete resistors; the high-power performance of aluminum nitride substrates; the TCR performance of Power Metal Strip resistors compared with other technologies; and the accuracy and temperature change response time performance of bondable NTC die.
- Vishay Dale will showcase IHLD-3232HB-5A and IHLD-4032KB-5A dual inductors, which feature reduced lead times of 10 to 12 weeks. Optimized for automotive and commercial class D amplifier circuits, the devices offer a high operating temperature range to +155 °C and save board space by combining two inductors in one 3232 and 4032 package, respectively. Vishay will also demonstrate the total harmonic distortion performance of IHLD inductors compared with ferrite solutions, as well as the EMI performance of IHLE inductors with integrated e-shields.
- Highlighted capacitors will include the T59 series of vPolyTan multi-anode solid tantalum chip capacitors. Combining polymer tantalum technology with Vishay’s patented multi-array packaging (MAP), the capacitors offer up to 25 % better volumetric efficiency than similar devices, which allows for the industry’s highest capacitance density. Vishay will also provide demonstrations of the Vishay BCcomponents 220 EDLC ENYCAP series of electrical double-layer energy storage capacitors; thermal dissipation of various RF capacitors; non-magnetic termination qualities and soldering copper terminations; and ripple current handling of the T25 surface-mount resistors compared with axial devices; and ESD handling capability of the Vishay Vitramon Automotive Grade X7R multi-layer ceramic chip (MLCC) capacitors.
- In its Automotive Innovation booth, Vishay will be showing a glasses-free 3D video and conducting a number of demonstrations that highlight the performance of Vishay products in automotive applications. Visitors to booth A6.A11-13 will see demonstrations of second-generation steer-by-wire electric power steering controls; gesture sensors for dashboards; high-side floating voltage dividers for full electric vehicles (FEV) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV); 48 V / 12 V DC/DC converters; optic switches with haptic feedback; and UVA / UVB, RGBW, and IR sensor capabilities.
- On Friday, Nov. 11, Vishay will be conducting two technical sessions at the Exhibitor Forum (B5.343). From 10:30-11 a.m., Jean Racine will present “Combining Polymer Cathode and Multi-Array Packaging (MAP) Technologies in Capacitors.” Gerald Tatschl will present “Hybrid Energy Storage Capacitors 196 HVC ENYCAP Applications and Charging Circuits” from 11-11:30 a.m.