Vishay Intertechnology 20 A, 35 A, and 40 A Devices Feature Low 1.3 mm Profile and Forward Voltage Drop Down to 0.44 V
Vishay Intertechnology introduces a new family of surface-mount TMBS Trench MOS Barrier Schottky rectifiers in the eSMP series SlimDPAK (TO-252AE) package. Offering lower profiles and better thermal performance than devices in the DPAK (TO-252AA), the Vishay General Semiconductor rectifiers feature reverse voltages from 45 V to 150 V, low forward voltage drop, and industry-high current ratings.
By combining TMBS technology with the SlimDPAK package, the 40 new Schottky rectifiers deliver:
- Current ratings up to 35 A for single-chip configurations and 40 A for dual-chip, center-tap common cathode configurations.
- Footprint-compatible with the DPAK package, the devices’ profile is 43 % lower, enabling ultra slim industrial and consumer electronics designs.
- In addition, their heatsink area is 14 % larger, allowing for typical thermal resistance down to 1.5 °C/W.
- With their forward voltage drop down to 0.44 V at 20 A, 0.46 V at 35 A, and 0.49 V at 40 A, the rectifiers reduce power losses and improve efficiency in DC/DC converters and freewheeling and polarity protection diodes. For automotive applications, the devices are also available in an AEC-Q101 qualified version.
- The new rectifiers feature a maximum operating junction temperature up to +175 °C and an MSL moisture sensitivity level of 1, per J-STD-020, LF maximum peak of +260 °C. Ideal for automated placement, the devices are RoHS-compliant and halogen-free.
Samples and production quantities of the new TMBS rectifiers are available now, with lead times of 12 weeks for larger orders.
Further info: Click here