Vishay Intertechnology unveils two new AEC-Q101-qualified surface-mount transmissive optical sensors for automotive and industrial applications. Offered in a compact 5.5 mm by 4 mm by 5.7 mm package, the new solutions single-channel TCPT1600X01 and dual-channel TCUT1600X01 is known to feature an increased dome height compared with previous-generation devices.
- Coming in tall dome design, the devices offer more vertical headroom for the code wheel in turn-and-push applications.
- They can be used as position sensors for encoders in high-temperature environments close to motors, in addition to turn knobs, ignition locks, and adaptive headlights.
- Both sensors can detect motion and speed. With dual channels, the TCUT1600X01 can also be used to detect direction in applications such as electronic power steering (ESP) systems.
- The single-channel TCPT1600X01 includes an infrared emitter and phototransistor detector located face-to-face in a surface-mount package, while the dual-channel TCUT1600X01 includes an infrared emitter and two phototransistor detectors.
- Both sensors deliver a typical output current of 1.6 mA and operate at a wavelength of 950 nm. The devices feature a 3 mm gap width and apertures of 0.3 mm, and they operate over a wide temperature range of -40 °C to +105 °C.
Additionally, with a Moisture Sensitivity Level rating of 1 (MSL1), the TCPT1600X01 and TCUT1600X01 have an unlimited floor life. Compatible with reflow solder processes according to JEDEC-STD-020D, the devices are halogen-free, RoHS-compliant, and Vishay Green.
Samples and production quantities of the optical sensors are available now, with lead times of eight to 10 weeks for larger orders.