Vishay Intertechnology announces that the company has extended the voltage range for its Automotive Grade 146 CTI and 160 CLA series of surface-mount aluminum capacitors to 100 V and 80 V, respectively. For high-temperature automotive and industrial applications, the Vishay BCcomponents devices provide low impedance, high ripple current, and long useful life.
- 146 CTI series capacitors are available in nine case sizes with operating temperatures to +125 °C.
- While the 160 CLA series is offered in six case sizes and provides high-temperature operation to +150 °C.
- The AEC-Q200-qualified devices feature low impedance down to 35 mΩ at 100 kHz for better filtering, a high rated ripple current to 1,750 mA, and long useful life to 6,000 h for high reliability.
- For increased processing flexibility, the RoHS-compliant capacitors meet the rigorous JEDEC J-STD-020 soldering guidelines for severe reflow conditions.
- 146 CTI and 160 CLA series devices are charge- and discharge-proof, so there is no peak current limitation, and they are offered in 4-pin and 6-pin versions for vibration-proof performance.
Additionally, polarized aluminum electrolytic capacitors with non-solid, self-healing electrolytes, the devices are ideally suited for smoothing, filtering, and buffering applications. Typical end products will include automotive power trains and chassis electronics; industrial drives, automation, and equipment for renewable energy; telecom equipment; and SMPS units.
Device Specification Table:
|Series||146 CTI||160 CLA|
|Ripple current at 100 kHz (mA)||200 to 1750||270 to 1,400|
|Impedance at 100 kHz (mΩ)||35 to 1,200||35 to 780|
|Capacitance range (µF)||10 to 4,700||47 to 3,300|
|Tolerance (%)||± 20|
|Voltage (V)||16 to 100||16 to 80|
|Temp. range (°C)||-55 to +125||-55 to +150|
|Useful life (h)||6,000||2,000|
|Case sizes (mm)||8 x 8 x 10 to|
18 x 18 x 21
|12.5 x 12.5 x 13 to|
18 x 18 x 21
Samples and production quantities of the extended capacitors are exclusively obtainable, with lead times of six to 12 weeks for large orders.