Vishay’s Hybrid Solid-State Relays Provide Fast Operation, Wide Temp. Range and High Load Voltage
Vishay Intertechnology announces to expand its VOR family of hybrid solid-state relays with four new devices designed to deliver superior electrical characteristics for telecommunications, industrial, security system, and metering applications.
Compared to similar solutions, the new Vishay Semiconductors 1 Form A VOR1121A6, VOR1121B6, VOR2121A8, and VOR2121B8 touts to provide faster, bounce-free switching and a wider operating temperature range, and are more cost-effective.
Key Nuggets Include
- The new relays are single-channel (VOR1121A6 and VOR1121B6) and dual-channel (VOR2121A8 and VOR2121B8) normally open single-pole, single-throw (SPST) switches.
- The devices’ hybrid architecture enables fast typical turn-on and turn-off times of 0.20 ms and 0.03 ms and an ambient temperature range of -40 °C to +100 °C.
- A high-efficiency GaAIAs IRED enables low forward current on the input side. On the output side, high-performance MOSFET switches provide low on-resistance of 12 Ω to reduce power dissipation.
- The VOR1121A6 and VOR1121B6 can be figured for DC-only operation to reduce the on-resistance.
- All four devices offer a high isolation test voltage of 5300 VRMS and load voltages of 250 V.
- The solid-state relays are VDE- and UL-certified to meet the insulation requirements for most applications. All devices are manufactured in-house on a highly integrated production line.
- The VOR1121A6, VOR1121B6, VOR2121A8, and VOR2121B8 offer clean, bounce-free switching, current limit protection, and low power consumption.
Typical applications will include alarm and telecom switches, I/O cards, automation, battery management systems, and automatic test equipment.
Availability and Packaging
Available in tape-and-reel and tube packing, the devices are RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green.
Samples and production quantities of the new solid-state relays are available now, with lead times of four to six weeks for large orders.
The VOR1121A6 and VOR2121A8 are offered in DIP-6 and DIP-8 packages, respectively, while the VOR1121B6 and VOR2121B8 feature the SMD-6 and SMD-8.