Vishay Intertechnology announces its added portfolio of MCW AT Professional family of wide terminal thin film chip resistors.
Complementing its existing MCW 0406 AT line with an additional case size for power handling of up to 1 W – the new Vishay Beyschlag MCW 0612 AT Professional devices is engineered for power electronics in industrial and automotive applications leveraging high power dissipation, high-temperature performance, and renowned long-term thin film stability.
Touted to offer up to four times higher power dissipation when compared to standard resistors in the 1206 footprint, The below specifications are known to allow designers to use MCW 0612 AT Professional series resistors in harsh and high-temperature environments without compromising power rating or electrical performance, as well as to comply with today’s requirements for miniaturization. It includes:
- Significant lower costs by replacing multiple resistors of the same size or larger devices with equivalent power ratings.
- Furthermore, the wide terminal contact geometry of the MCW 0612 AT Professional series allows for superior robustness against thermal cycling.
- In addition, the resistors offer high operating temperatures to +175 °C for 1000 hours and advanced sulfur resistance as verified according to ASTM B 809 by exposure to sulfur vapor at +90 °C and 80 % to 90 % relative humidity for 42 days.
- The devices are equally effective whether the application requires their full power capability or only a fraction of the nominal rated dissipation in order to gain improved stability.
- The resistors feature TCR down to ± 25 ppm/K, tolerance to ± 0.5 %, and a resistance range from 10 Ω to 100 kΩ.
The MCW 0612 AT Professional series is said to be a perfect choice for most fields of modern professional power electronics in which power dissipation, reliability, stability, and robust design are major concerns.
Typical applications will include power measurement and control in lighting, inverters for hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) and electric vehicles (EV), engine control units, gear box controls, and braking and steering systems. For automotive applications, the resistors are qualified according to AEC-Q200.
Samples and production quantities of the MCW 0612 AT Professional series are available now, with lead times of eight to 10 weeks for large orders.