Vishay Intertechnology announces the introduction of a new series of vPolyTan multi-anode polymer surface-mount chip capacitors that delivers increased volumetric efficiency for computing, telecom, and industrial applications.
Combining polymer tantalum technology with Vishay’s patented multi-array packaging (MAP), the T59 series is touted to deliver industry’s highest capacitance density while maintaining best-in-class ESR.
Available in the molded EE (7343-43) case code, the capacitors offer:
- Up to 25 % better volumetric efficiency than similar devices which allows for higher capacitance and voltage ratings. For example, their capacitance of 150 µF at 30 V is three times higher in capacitance than the closest competing device.
- In addition, the advanced packaging of the T59 series ensures ultra-low ESR from 25 mΩ to 150 mΩ at +25 °C and 100 kHz.
- The devices offer capacitance from 15 µF to 470 µF, with capacitance tolerance of ± 20 %, and overvoltage ratings up to 75 V.
- By replacing multiple lower-capacitance devices, T59 series capacitors reduce component counts to save PCB space and lower costs in solid-state drives, networking equipment, and motherboards.
- In these products, the capacitors are intended for decoupling, smoothing, filtering, and energy storage applications.
- The T59 series features ripple current from 1.3 A to 3.1 A at 100 kHz and an operating temperature range of -55 °C to +105 °C. RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay Green, the devices offer both lead (Pb)-free and tin/lead (Sn/Pb) wraparound terminations and are available in tape-and-reel packaging per the EIA-481 standard.
- The capacitors are 100 % surge current tested to ensure robust performance in high-inrush-current applications.
Samples and production quantities of the T59 series are available now, with lead times of 10 weeks for large orders.