Available in 2525, 3232, and 4040 Case Sizes, Automotive Grade IHLE series Provide -20 dB Electric Field Reduction at 1 cm
Vishay Intertechnology announces a commercial version of its popular Automotive Grade IHLE series. The series flaunts a low profile, high current inductors featuring integrated e-shields for EMI reduction.
Available in the 2525, 3232, and 4040 case sizes, the Vishay Dale IHLE-2525CD-51, IHLE-3232DD-51 and IHLE-4040DD-51 contain the electric field associated with EMI in a tin-plated copper integrated shield, providing up to -20 dB of electric field reduction at 1 cm (above the center of the inductor) when the integrated shield is connected to ground.
By eliminating the need for expensive board-level Faraday shielding to lower EMI, the devices are touted to reduce costs and save board space.
Key Nuggets include
- Featuring high temperature operation to +155 °C and coplanarity of their four terminals within ≤ 100 µm, the inductors released are optimized for energy storage in DC/DC converters and high current filtering.
- Built on Vishay Dale IHLP technology, the IHLE-2525CD-51, IHLE-3232DD-51, and IHLE-4040DD-51 feature high efficiency with typical DCR from 1.55 mΩ to 167 mΩ and a wide range of inductance values from 0.22 µH to 47 µH.
- The devices provide rated currents to 36.0 A and handle high transient current spikes without saturation.
- Packaged in an RoHS-compliant, 100 % lead (Pb)-free shielded construction, the inductors offer high resistance to thermal shock, moisture, and mechanical shock.
- In addition, devices’ four-terminal connection (two ground connection points for the shield) provides high vibration performance for on-engine and chassis-mounted electronic circuits.
- The devices are halogen-free and Vishay Green.
Applications include notebooks, desktop PCs, and servers; high current point-of-load converters; graphics cards; DC/DC converters for distributed power systems and FPGAs; and telecom infrastructure.
Device Specification Table:
|Inductance @ 100 kHz (μH)||0.47 to 22||0.22 to 33||0.47 to 47|
|DCR typ. @ 25 °C (mΩ)||3.87 to 163.0||1.68 to 149.0||1.55 to 167|
|Heat rating current typ. (A)||2.8 to 22.0||3.1 to 36.0||2.5 to 30.0|
|Saturation current typ. (A)||2.2 to 14.0||3.2 to 32.0||4.5 to 28.5|
Samples and production quantities of the new IHLE devices are available now, with lead times of 10 to 12 weeks for large orders.