Vishay Intertechnology introduces three new series of three-phase-bridge power modules designed to increase efficiency and reliability for heavy-duty industrial-level applications. The new Vishay Semiconductors VS-130MT…C, VS-160MT…C, and VS-300MT…C series touts to deliver higher output current, blocking voltage, and surge current than previous-generation solutions while offering improved thermal resistance in the 5-terminal MTC package.
Key Nuggets Include
- High output current from 130 A to 300 A and blocking voltage to 1800 V.
- For high efficiency, the power modules offer surge current to 2,512 A and an electrically insulated case for excellent junction-to-case thermal resistance down to 0.23 °C/W.
- The devices’ robust MTC plastic package provides high reliability, while its screw terminals allow for compatibility with competing solutions.
- The new series provide three-phase rectification for industrial power supplies, high-frequency welding, plasma cutting, and industrial battery chargers, in addition to input rectification for AC/DC motor controls.
- The RoHS-compliant devices offer 3600 VRMS insulation voltage and are pending UL approval.
Device Specification Table:
|Output current (A)||130 @ 120 °C||160 @ 118 °C||300 @ 100 °C|
|Reverse voltage (V)||1600 to 1800||1600 to 1800||1600 to 1800|
|Surge current @ 60 Hz (A)||1330||1610||2512|
|Thermal resistance, junction-to-case (°C/W)||0.41||0.35||0.23|
Samples and production quantities of the new power modules are available now, with lead times of eight to 10 weeks for large orders.