What is Renewable Energy?
Nature is the biggest form of hidden energy. With its potential yet to be explored there are numerous forms of facets which help us envisioning a sustainable future. Renewable energy is one such form of energy which can ink the future of mankind and the way we look the clean energy. Perhaps, today renewable energy is metaphor to how we look at sustainable technology wooing mankind and society. The key forms of renewable energy are: sunlight, geothermal heat, wind, tides, water, and various forms of biomass are the major energies. These types of energies cannot be exhausted and is constantly renewed hence bringing innumerable opportunities for renewable sector and energy.
Types of Renewable Energy
Usage of renewable energy is huge and if we focus the advantages and disadvantages then the list is never going to end soon. So, here we are talking about types of renewable energy;
- Solar Power: The name of solar power is quite familiar with each and every one. Currently, numbers of companies are using solar power that heat buildings, warm water and power the devices. The most important part of renewable energy, solar power is being used by collecting solar, or photovoltaic (PV), cells made from silicon or other materials. These cells transform sunlight into electricity and can power anything from the smallest garden light to entire neighbourhoods.
- Biomass Energy: As the name defines, Biomass energy can be made by using organic materials. It extracts organic material from plants and animals, including crops, trees, and waste wood. Infact, a study has already revealed that biomass from forests can produce higher carbon emissions than fossil fuels.
- Hydroelectric energy: Hydroelectric energy is also one of the renewable energy’s product, which has been used by several villages and cities. It works in an order to generate electricity by harnessing the power of water.
- Wind Power : Renewable energy has a huge role of providing magical activities. If we talk about the Wind Power than anyone can guess that it works according to the flow of wind. Not today, but from decades it is working like this only. For placing wind turbines, you have to choose right location where wind flow has to be high.
- Geothermal energy: It uses the heat trapped in the Earth’s core which is created by the slow decay of radioactive particles in rocks at the centre of the planet. By drilling wells, we are able to bring highly heated water to the surface which can be used as a hydrothermal resource to turn turbines and create electricity. This renewable resource can be made greener by pumping the steam and hot water back into the earth, thereby lowering emissions.
Advantages & disadvantages of Renewable Energy
Although, renewable energy has a huge role for greenery and natural climate but it also has some pros and cons. Here, while talking about the renewable energy, we are focusing the advantages and disadvantages of renewable energy;
- Unlimited fuel supply as it never going to be end. Renewable energy has been generated by natural sources, such as sunlight, wind, water, biomass, and even geothermal (underground) heat. So, these sources are going to work till infinity.
- As, other power plant takes lots of maintenance and money but renewable energy has no issues like this.
- The most important thing is air. Today, every second person has its own vehicle, which has made our country polluted and renewable energy helps to solve such issues. Renewable energy keep air neat and clean, which is mandate for us.
- As, it is related to natural sources, so anything can be happen anytime. The whole scenario is depend on weather.
- The location and energy storage are the major challenges.
Startups in Renewable Energy
There are number of companies, which are whole heartedly focusing on renewable sources. Here we have mentioned few of them, like; Cygni Energy which works on battery technology for electric vehicles. Loom Solar is a manufacturer of super high efficiency solar panels and Lithium batteries. GreenJoules specializes in making renewable Biofuels, commonly recognized as “Drop-in Fuels”, which are curated entirely from agricultural residue and renewable wastes from agro processing industries. ZunRoof provides solar energy and IoT smart energy solutions for making next generation energy technology. The company handles the energy harnessing, storage, maintenance, and consumption of electricity.
Despite having numbers of challenges, nature gives us best treatment nothing else. The combination of solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, hydro, and battery storage has the potential to power our entire world without creating any pollutants or greenhouse gasses. There are numbers of companies, which are focusing to make it successful. It has a bright future but we also have to be alert while wasting the gas and increasing the electricity consumption.